What We've Achieved
The efforts of our LHWHSPA community have a great impact on all students and staff at the high school. (Many of our programs also reach the entire district.) Thank you for your support! Remember, YOU are part of the Parent Association, and we can accomplish great things by working together.
Examples of LHWHSPA Funding
For the school
- Handi-Mover Carts – grant request
- Grounds Beautification Committee - maintenance of plantings in the PAC lobby and throughout the grounds
- Support of Red Ribbon Week – grant request
- Journalism – National High School Journalism Convention – grant request
- Fine Arts – Senior Art Show, Digital Cameras and Correspondence Campaign – grant request
- Choir – iPad Pro – grant request
- Cycle of Success – General Support – grant request
- Special School District – File Cabinets and Book Shelves – grant request
- Practical Arts – Drafting Equipment and FACS equipment – grant request
- Scholarship Fund – Fundraising at Parents for Scholars, our annual event in March, led to $22,000 in scholarships being awarded at Senior Awards Night in April. We have raised more than $185,000 in the past nine years!
- Science Olympiad - Nationals – grant request
- Social Studies – books, posters, projectors, easels and stylus purchased – grant request
- Practical Arts new set of airbrushes for airbrush classes – grant request
- Visual Arts – iPad Pro and Apple Pencils for multiple art courses – grant request
- Fine Arts – Senior Art Show – grant request
- Math – 75 Calculators and 3 Caddies to supply multi-use – grant request
- Project Lead the Way – specific laptop purchased – grant request
- After-Grad Celebration – Prizes and entertainment for the class of 2017. Volunteers planned and chaperoned the event, and parents generously donated more than $7,000.
- Post-Prom Party – held at Incredible Pizza Company. Volunteers planned and chaperoned with parents donating over $4,000.
- Donations were made from the Compassion Fund
- Math – Site Licenses – grant request
- Snow cones at Blue-White Night
- St Louis Science Center Weather field trip – grant request
- International Week event funding – grant request
- Rambunction (robotics team) – General Support – grant request
- Freshman field trip on ACT test date – grant request
- Activities Support – Ladue Dance Marathon, Senior Service Day, Homecoming Bonfire and Pep Rally
For Faculty and Staff
- More than $11,000 in direct parent donations to our annual Faculty Grant Program
- Quarterly Staff Appreciation Breakfasts for our amazing teachers and staff
- Conference dinners for teachers, both spring and fall conferences
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon
- Administrative Professionals Day luncheon for our 15 LHWHS Administrative Assistants
- Speaker on Opioid/Heroin Addiction
- Co-sponsorship (with the LEF and other area schools) of St. Louis appearance of Julie Lythcott-Haims, renowned author of "How to Raise an Adult" – grant request
- Publication of the “Fresh Start” Handbook for freshmen and new families
- Family Night BBQ for incoming freshmen and new-to-Ladue families
- Refreshments at all College & Career Office meetings throughout the year
- Parent coffee in the fall
- Weekly emails to parents with updates and reminders on all things LADUE!
- Print publication of Rambell student phone directory
For the District
- Chili Supper - Co-sponsorship with the Character Education Committee and Dads Club
- Support of the Ladue Education Foundation
The Ladue Horton Watkins High School Parent Association has been granted not-for-profit status as a public charity under section 501(c)3 of the the Internal Revenue Code. Accordingly, contributions made to the Ladue Horton Watkins High School Parent Association are deductible for federal income tax purposes as allowed by law, and available for corporate matching gifts. Please consult your tax advisor regarding deductibility. The Ladue Horton Watkins High School Parent Association EIN is 27-3222606.