Ladue Horton Watkins High School is a public high school built in 1951. Its namesake, Mr. Horton Watkins, was vice president of the International Shoe Company; after his death in 1949, his family donated the 28-acre tract of land on South Warson Road to the district for use as the high school site.
As is the case in many school districts around the nation, much of the Ladue High School infrastructure is old and outdated. An extensive renovation is currently underway and is expected to be completed by the fall of 2018. To learn more (and see the floorplan for the renovated high school), check out this district website.